VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION FORM
Thank you for your interest in being a volunteer with Hope Refuge. If you are coming to an event that is already scheduled please read the release of liability document and submit the following form. If you are interested in volunteering on future projects you also can fill out the form and you will be notified via email of upcoming projects.
By signing this form, you agree to provide your email address for necessary communications with Hope Refuge.
*We must have a signed liability waiver for each volunteer or guest who comes on the property. If you are bringing anyone less then 18 years of age please fill out a form to them as well and have the legal guardian confirm for them. Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe!
NOTE: If you cannot see the entire form, please scroll within the form area.
Important information about your visit.
- Take “Refugio” exit off the 101 Freeway.
- Turn towards the mountains and follow Refugio Rd up to the top of the mountain.
- You will pass address 3333, keep going!
- You will approach our entrance on the RIGHT. There’s also a wooden sign just before our gate that says “Rancho La Scherpa”, but it’s easy to miss. (See attached picture, entrance is on the right):
Hope Refuge, Rancho La Scherpa
Items to Bring*
Please be sure to pack the following items for your stay:
- Bug spray
- Refillable water bottle
- Comfortable shoes safe for walking on uneven ground (hiking shoes are best).
- Towels for shower or pool
- Toiletries (including shampoo or conditioner)
- Flip flops (if you will be utilizing the shower, footwear is required)
*If you have a group coming, please talk to your Hope Refuge contact to determine which additional items you will need to bring.
Please note that our facility is located in a rural location. Some of the following safety precautions are advised:
- Wear closed-toed shoes
- Stay on the trails and avoid poison oak (ask a Hope Refuge team member if you don’t know what it looks like).
- DO NOT LIGHT A FIRE. NO SMOKING. No campfires, fire pits, or chimneys. Please contact a Hope Refuge representative prior to starting a fire in your fireplace. We are in a hazardous fire season with very low moisture. Fire danger is EXTREME.
- The property backs up to the Los Padres National forest and you could see deer, bears, mountain lions, rattlesnakes, and even a tic. Please be cautious when hiking and we suggest that you do not walk alone.
- Please review the orientation packet for detailed safety considerations and guidelines.